Major life changes can be a mixed bag. On one hand, you're over the moon for landing your dream job. On the other hand, being diagnosed with an aggressive form of brain cancer and told by your doctor that you've got two years to live (at best) puts a bit of a damper on the celebration. You're determined to remain positive -- after all, you wouldn't be the first to beat fatalistic odds if this thing were somehow turned around, so there's no harm in being hopeful. You wouldn't say you're lost, but you do want to ensure that you make the most of whatever time you have left -- however long that may be. We can only imagine what you're going through, but on this Feedback Friday we'll do our best to offer how we might spend our time if confronted with the worst news possible -- but armed with your incredibly deep well of positivity.
And in case you didn’t already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let’s dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/251.
On This Week’s Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Interested in doing some prison time with Jordan next February? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
- How do you make the most of the time you have left with positivity when doctors have given you two years to live?
- People have preferences about looks, personalities, and religious backgrounds for their significant others. Is wishing they hadn’t slept with 100 people before you a valid preference?
- What does it take for a successful and single 51-year-old woman who travels frequently to find someone with whom to build a family when the dating pool of quality candidates seems so microscopic?
- While a policy to never pursue romance with a professional connection has served you well in the past, you’ve met someone who makes you want to reconsider this policy. How might you make your interest known while remaining professional?
- You’d like to improve the relationship with your parents and the way you communicate. What can you do to make things better?
- If you wanted to start a new business online without using the topics of your current or past expertise, how would you pick a niche and establish your credibility? (Thanks to Brian Clark from Copyblogger for fielding this one!)
- While you’ll be laid off soon, you’re not worried because you have a generous severance and plenty of leads already. How do you network without people assuming you’re just trying to get a job through their connections?
- Aside from buying decent mics and recording in a space that’s not echoey as hell, what advice do we have for someone just starting out with podcasting? (One: Join Jason’s free podcasting club!)
- Life Pro Tip: If you are travelling with someone else and you’re both wearing backpacks, swap them around. When you need stuff from your bag, you’ll have both hands free and you’ll know where your own stuff is.
- Recommendation of the Week: The Green Prince
- A quick shout out to Reed!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you’d like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Got cats? Breathe easy when maintaining the litter box with Arm & Hammer’s Cloud Control dander shield technology. Plus get the confidence of guaranteed seven-day odor control. Find it in a store near you or learn more about it here!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
With Mighty Networks, you’re able to build a community that’s so valuable you can charge for it and so well-designed that it essentially runs itself. Get three months free when you sign up for a year at mightynetworks.com/jordan!
Borderlands 3 lets you shoot and loot your way through a mayhem-fueled adventure and gives you the chance to save the galaxy from a fanatical threat this September 13th! Pre-order now at Borderlands.com. (Rated M for Mature.)
Ship is here to make dating fun again. With Ship, friends can set each other (or themselves) up — because who knows you better than your friends? Check out Ship at getshipped.com/jordan!
Filled with action, battles with the undead, love triangles, conflicting loyalties, and of course gold, We’re Alive: Goldrush stands out as a truly unique Theater for the Mind experience for both new and old listeners. Check it out on PodcastOne here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!